In this special author update from Doug and Josh, DYM co-founders, you'll hear an update on the Pipeline and a few changes we're making to address some of the common frustrations with it.
PLUS invaluable tips on how to succeed as a DYM author. Check it out below.
DYM started as an experiment, but the vision caught on and soon hundreds of you began sending us your resources to help other youth workers win. This has been a blessing but also brought with it some growing pains.
We promise we are working hard to make the process better:
- to learn more about what youth workers want and need from dym.
- to fine-tune the criteria we use to determine what resources make the cut.
- to send those resources through with greater efficiency.
But all of these changes don’t mean a thing without you. We'd like to ask you to commit to a few things as well:
- Continue to step up your game. Youth workers need your best ideas and high-quality material.
- Make stuff that you would buy, not stuff that you want to sell.
- Check your entitlement at the door. Pause and check your heart as you communicate with us. There are too many great DYM authors to play favorites--we want everyone to win.
- Take your influence into your own hands. Don’t wait for DYM to market your stuff for you...promote great stuff that you believe in and ask friends and authors you respect to return the favor.
We love you and wouldn’t want to do DYM without you!
We promise to continue highlighting and introducing amazing youth workers to the youth ministry world.
We won't promise your resource will fly through the pipeline...
We can’t promise every submission will be published…
But we will promise that TOGETHER we will release the best possible resources to continue to help youth workers win.