Great question! Watch this quick video to learn more about the process of becoming a DYM author and the DYM Pipeline process.
Looking for more details?! Here you go:
Each resource will go through two editors and a graphic designer to ensure everything is in place for successful implementation by the end-user. And it all happens in these 5 easy steps!
- We’ll confirm that your resource meets our submission guidelines.
- A team of youth workers, DYM authors, and staff will read it over with one primary question in mind, “Could I see this being used in our youth ministry?”
- A small team of readers will tighten-up any grammatical or formatting details, making sure it’s user-friendly and site-ready.
- A second set of eyes will review your resource. (How many times have you sent an email or handed out a flyer with a typo? Yeah, us too…that’s why we know two editors are better than one!)
- Your resource will be assigned a release date.
Through the beauty of the Pipeline App, you can now monitor the progress of your resource(s)! Log in HERE and click “My Submissions” to view a list of your submissions and their current status.
WANT EVEN MORE DETAILS?! KEEP READING!
- We’ll confirm that your resource meets our submission guidelines. If it does, you’ll receive an email letting you know it’s been accepted and has begun its journey through the DYM Editing Pipeline. (This is also when you’ll need to be on the lookout for “Official DYM Author” paperwork!) If it doesn’t meet our guidelines, we’ll send it back to you with a few suggested tweaks and/or a brief explanation about why it may not be a fit for the DYM Store.
Depending on the number of submissions, this step can vary in length from 6 days to 6 months.
- A team of DYM authors, youth workers, and staff will read it over with one primary question in mind, “Could I see this being used in our youth ministry?” 90% of the time, the answer is yes and they send it on to Step 3.
- A small team of readers will tighten up any formatting details, making sure it’s user-friendly and site-ready. You might think, “TWO editors?! But it’s just a game about potato chips!” We want to make sure each resource released in the store is error-free and ready-for-use by youth workers around the world.
Depending on the length of your resource and the volume of submissions, steps 2 and 3 can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months.
- Your resource hits our editing queue. Once our design duo has confirmed that all the pieces are in place for a successful release and implementation by the end user, it will be sent on to the 5th and final step. Chances are, if you haven’t had your resource returned to you for edits, it’s somewhere in this step and will soon be moved on to Step 5.
Depending on the support graphics required for your resource and the volume of submissions, this step can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. Instead of waiting for the DYM team to design the graphics, consider partnering with another design-savvy DYM Author. Visit the DYM Authors Facebook Group to get started.
When your resource is published we’ll send you an email telling you to keep an eye out for it so you can let your social media world know it’s available for use.
The magic of DYM is youth workers like you, sharing their best resources with other youth workers to help them win!
Log in HERE to submit your first resource OR click “My Submissions” to view a list of your submissions and their current status(es).