We’re so excited that you’re interested in submitting a DIY to DYM. A DIY resource is instructions for something that must be built or constructed for a youth program/room/event.
These guidelines will help you prepare your submission so your final product is high-quality and ready-to-use… for youth workers to implement in ministries around the world!
What to Include:
1) Detailed* step-by-step instructions with:
- precise measurements,
- a complete list of materials and tools required,
- an estimated cost of supplies,
- an estimated time to complete the project
- implementation/use cases
2) Photos of the work-in-progress and the final result
3) A resource title slide (640 x 360) with the name of the project. This will be used as the primary image on the product page on downloadyouthministry.com
*NOT SURE IF YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ARE DETAILED ENOUGH? Download another DIY resource from the DYM Store to use as an example.
• Any text-based pieces of the resource must be submitted in Word documents using Arial 14pt font.
• Margins should be set to “Normal” – 1” Top, 1” Bottom, 1” Left, 1” Right.
• When writing your DIY instructions, write them (and review them before you submit) from the lens of someone who has no idea how you created this resource. The more clear, precise, and step-by-step your instructions--and thoughts on implementation--the better (and more easily!) the end-user will be able to implement this in his/her ministry.