When you submit a video resource to the DYM Pipeline, you’ll include at least two things:
- Your Video File
- A Thumbnail Preview Image
1. Video File: We want the highest quality video for playback, we also want to keep files as small as possible for users to download and store on their computers. We also want your video to be played on as many devices as possible, and some codecs only work with specific types of setups.
Please export your video with these specifications:
- Dimension: 1920px by 1080px
- File Type: MP4
- We recommend bitrate: 5 mbps, Codec H.264
2. Image Thumbnail: This image will be used as the resource’s thumbnail on the website. The image should feature the title of your resource and have a visual look that matches the resource. We ask for jpegs because they take up less space than pngs, and that helps our website run faster!
For example: Dancing Squirrels Countdown
- How to name your thumbnail image: Each image in the website needs to have a unique name, so please name your image with the title of your resource, followed by "_preview00.jpg." For a video titled "Crowd Star," for example, name your image thumbnail "CrowdStar_preview00.jpg."
- Image thumbnail specifications:
- Dimension: 640px by 360px
- Resolution: 72 ppi (Pixels Per Inch)
- Color Mode: RGB
- File Type: JPG/JPEG
Once you’re ready, compress your files using a .zip file (or share them with us using a Dropbox link) and submit it HERE!!!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.