We’re so excited about offering more videos to the youth worker community that scream youth ministry because they’re so fun, look awesome, and feel on-point with teen culture.
We're looking for authors to create and send us:
- Pre-Service Countdown Videos
- Welcome and Interactive Videos
- Themed Message Videos / Bumper Videos
1. Pre-Service Countdown Videos: We’re looking for great countdown videos that lets students know when the service will start, and help create the desired mood for the beginning of the service. Countdown videos can smooth the transition into starting your program, help students feel less awkward, and set the tone you’re looking for.
- Ideal Length: 5 minutes
- Music: Include royalty-free, copyright-free music. We want great countdowns with anticipatory, energy-building music (with the end of the video building up rather than fading out). But, not all services will need to be upbeat, so we’re interested in offering a variety of countdowns that will also set the tone for more mellow, worshipful, or serious services.
- Timer: A large timer is more easily visible from farther away, making for a more clear visual!
- Value-Add: Versatility. A video resource with options is more usable in more contexts, so if it makes sense, include a version of your video with a countdown clock and one without, for example, makes it more versatile.
2. Welcome and Interactive Videos: These videos are part of your program (coming after a pre-service countdown video) and can serve to welcome students, get them excited, help them interact with each other, or create fun. They can serve as a transitional element or stand on their own.
While a game requires a host to facilitate, in a fun video, all the instructions for students are within the video - you just press play and it runs itself.
- Welcome Video Bumper: generic content that will work in many contexts, that communicates a warm "welcome" to students!
- Siri Says Interactive New Year Video: a great opener to your program that will engage students on the topic of a new year
- Find 2: Video-driven mixer that will help students meet each other and get up and move!
- Crowd Star - students create a high-energy experience to kick off your service
3. Themed Message / Bumper Videos: These videos communicate a message, and they are often used as a transitional element in a service, often in/out of worship or the message, or as a break in the message or message illustration.
Important Note: When you are choosing clips of people in your videos (any other resource), be mindful to represent a variety of skin tones, looks, and abilities in your work. We want students of all backgrounds and life experiences to see themselves represented in videos found on the DYM site!